Are you always looking for a fun and adorable DIY craft made from items you probably already have in your home!
Well we have the cutest project for you. This is a great craft to do with you kids to make a fun and fashionable paper doll! There are so many ways to customize them and make them super individualistic. Your options are only limited by your imagination and allowing your little ones to design their own is a great way to encourage them to be both creative and organized. This craft is perfect for keeping little hands busy for quite awhile. The more detailed you get with your dolls the longer this activity will keep everyone happily occupied!
- Cupcake Wrappers
- Popsicle Craft Sticks
- Glue Gun
- White Glue
- Washi Tape
- Rhinestones and any other craft supplies for decorating the dolls
- Paper for the Dolls Dead
- Heat up the glue gun and attach the craft sticks together as shown. Use enough glue that they will be sturdy for children to play with. Make certain that the stick for the arms is a little higher than midpoint to make the wrappers fit correctly
- Fold a piece of paper in half. Trace out a circle with the top being connected on the fold. This makes it easier to glue together later. Any size will do but the one shown is about 2 inches in diameter. *Remember to cut a neck attached to the head so measuring it out against the craft stick figure is helpful.
- Have child draw on the face, or you draw the face and let the child color it in (depending no their skill level).Glue the head onto the Popsicle stick making sure that the neck comes sown to the top of the arms.
- Cut assorted muffin papers in half for use as creating a dress ( skirt and shirt). Let your child decorate the doll with washi tape, rhinestones and whatever else they wish to use. *You can put a back and a front on the cupcake wrapper dress as well as do the back of the dolls hair so that it is a 3D project.
I just loved this project and I know your and your children will have so much fun making this doll. We would love to see what you create so be sure to take lots of pictures.