Having our own Tips and Tricks that we use in our homes definitely makes our lives easier. Sharing them makes all of us better
One of my favorite tips that I use all the time in my home is: Dental Floss! Not just for flossing teeth anymore.
We usually score Dental Floss free with our coupons. So it’s nice when we can re-purpose uses.
I just pull of a few inches, wrap around my fingers and use it.
Some of my favorite uses are…
- Slicing butter or soft cheeses.
- Cutting cookie dough rolls cleanly without any squishing you get from knives.
- Cut cake layers. I’ve done up to 6 layers beautifully
- Cut any loaf of bread, Especially great for Banana Bread
- Unwaxed dental floss can also be used to to tie up roasts. I even use it to tie bacon on steaks.
- Slice boiled eggs and cranberry sauce
- Herb stringing. I hang my herbs to dry and use dental floss to also string them.
- Popcorn garland at Holiday Time or just to feed the birds
- As a holder for plants. Some of my houseplants are just to delicate for harsh rope. I also like its almost invisible, not bulky!
- Tie up bags.
Do you have a Hint or Tip for Dental floss that you use?? Drop us a line or leave a comment ~ We would love to hear from you